There is nothing like waiting for days for your favorite meal day to arrive. This is exactly what happens to all of us, waiting for Taco Tuesday to arrive. When Monday is about to end, we can feel the delicious meat at the tip of our tongues, the flavor of those delicious tortillas and the smell of the perfect condiment known as cilantro! Taco Tuesday is a custom of going out to eat tacos or in some cases select Mexican dishes typically served in a tortilla on Tuesday nights. Restaurants will often offer special prices, for example, "$1 fish tacos every Tuesday night" Today we celebrate at shirts house the amazing combination that Mexican food has created and the way we can celebrate it every Tuesday, by filling our bellies with awesome Tacos!
A taco is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, including beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables, and cheese, allowing for great versatility and variety. A taco is generally eaten without utensils and is often accompanied by garnishes such as salsa, chili pepper, avocado, guacamole, cilantro (coriander), tomatoes, onions, and lettuce.
Tacos have so many flavors, ingredients and variations, that is hard to count them all. Here is a small list of the most famous Taco flavors of the world, for you to go and taste at one of your closests Mexican restaurant.
- Tacos al pastor/de adobada ("shepherd style") are made of thin pork steaks seasoned with adobo seasoning, then skewered and overlapped on one another on a vertical rotisserie cooked and flame-broiled as it spins.
- Tacos de asador ("spit" or "grill" tacos) may be composed of any of the following: carne asada tacos; tacos de tripita , grilled until crisp; and, chorizo asado (traditional Spanish-style sausage). Each type is served on two overlapped small tortillas and sometimes garnished with guacamole, salsa, onions, and cilantro (coriander). Also, prepared on the grill is a sandwiched taco called mulita ("little mule") made with meat served between two tortillas and garnished with Oaxaca style cheese. "Mulita" is used to describe these types of sandwiched tacos in the Northern States of Mexico while they are known as Gringa in the Mexican south and are prepared using wheat flour tortillas. Tacos may also be served with salsa.
- Tacos de camarones ("shrimp tacos") also originated in Baja California in Mexico. Grilled or fried shrimp are used, usually with the same accompaniments as fish tacos: lettuce or cabbage, pico de gallo, avocado and a sour cream or citrus/mayonnaise sauce, all placed on top of a corn or flour tortilla.
- Tacos de cazo (literally "bucket tacos") for which a metal bowl filled with lard is typically used as a deep-fryer. Meats for these types of tacos typically include Tripa("tripe", usually from a pig instead of a cow); Suadero (tender beef cuts), Carnitas and Buche (Literally, "crop", as in bird's crop; here, it is fried pig's esophagus.
- Tacos de lengua (beef tongue tacos),which are cooked in water with onions, garlic, and bay leaves for several hours until tender and soft, then sliced and sautéed in a small amount of oil. "It is said that unless a taqueria offers tacos de lengua, it is not a real taqueria."
- Tacos de pescado ("fish tacos") originated in Baja California in Mexico, where they consist of grilled or fried fish, lettuce or cabbage, pico de gallo, and a sour cream or citrus/mayonnaise sauce, all placed on top of a corn or flour tortilla. In the United States, they were first popularized by the Rubio's fast-food chain, and remain most popular in California, Colorado, and Washington. In California, they are often found at street vendors, and a regional variation is to serve them with cabbage and coleslaw dressing on top.
Tacos are a delicious way to enjoy Mexican cuisine—they're quick, filling, and flavor-packed. Health has created an awesome list of healthy taco recipes to turn up the heat, but keep the calorie count low. Whether you like chicken tacos, beef tacos, or vegetarian tacos, they have options that are sure to satisfy, like Soft Tacos with spicy chicken, Fish Tacos With Cabbage-Carrot Slaw and Spicy Crema, Steak Tacos With Simple Guacamole and much more. Head on over to 19 healthy Taco Recipes for these delicious but healthy dishes.
HAVE AN AMAZING TACO DAY… REMEMBER TO KEEP ON CREATING YOUR CUSTOM PRINTED T-SHIRTS BY GOING ONLINE TO SHIRTSHOUSE.COM.
CHECK BACK WITH US THIS WEEK, FOR TONS OF COOL T-SHIRT DESIGNS.
REMEMBER TO FOLLOW US ON...
@SHIRTSHOUSE Shirts House